They are making everyone freak out about the H1N1 flu. Ben had it. I didn't catch it from him... so far, we'll see. I am kind of glad he already got it. That keeps me from having to decide if he should get the vaccine or not. Plus, I would hate for him to get sick when everyone else is and there is not enough antiviral or whatever... Walgreens was out of thermometers! Who knows how bad it'll get. Anyways, I pray that we have seen the last of the flu at our house.
Why is it that even when I keep up with housework, school and work... a sick kid or one lazy day can undo my stride? Cleanin tomorrow. Hardcore.
I watch Nancy Grace every night. I LOVE her. Her fiance was murdered by a mugger on the street while she was right there with him. Since then, she went back to school and studied law with her focus being prosecution. She is a no holds barred, tells it like it is, not scared to answer or ask ANYTHING. Anyways, there are so many kids missing, murdered, abused... and not by strangers, usually by a PARENT. Today they found a missing 7 yr old girl that had disappeared walking home from school just 2 days ago. She had been murdered and dumped into a landfill. Today it's a 9 year old walking home from school in a different state. What is going on?? I am to the point that I don't want Ben to leave my sight EVER. Praying for the families of these and other horrific stories. (Hailee Cummings, Kaylee Anthony........)
I came home and put my blizzard in the fridge. Dammit. So much for a cold one after Ben went to bed. LOL
I had my first 'weapon' incident on my bus yesterday. A kid told me another kid had a gun in his bag. He had shown it to him. I turned the damn bus around and took them back to school and had the teachers go through his stuff. ( Bus drivers aren't allowed to touch anything, even if a kid hugs you, you can't hug back... the world has become so cold. ) Lo and behold, there was a realistic looking cap gun in his pocket. He got suspended for 6 days. (no, IL isn't really zero tolerance) In the last week there have been countless fights on the schoolbusses. The police and paramedics were called out to a Jr high bus because there was a fight and one of the kids had a knife. What in the hell are we teaching today's youth??? Or is it just Decatur, or IL, or America... I don't know but I wish I did. I would move in a SECOND.
The world makes me really sad sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment