Saturday, December 26, 2009

2009



2009 had its ups and downs. i cant say i'll miss it. then again, when you have kids, all of the years go to quickly.

January 2009 - no job, still... wondering if i would ever find another job. nerves on edge from being at home with Ben all day every day for 3 months and no end in sight. (SAHM's, there is no way i could do what you do..lol) in retrospect, i was glad to get to spend all of that time with Ben while he was at such a fun age. my second semester in college started this month.... the semester I took too many classes!

February 2009 - still no job until i applied at the bus station at the end of this month. It was really cold.

March 2009 - my 33rd birthday. wow. training to be a schoolbus driver. things were looking up and i was feeling pretty great.

April 2009 - finally have my CDL and am driving a schoolbus. My first day ( april 1st) i got into an accident on the bus. actually, i was parked in the bus line outside of a school and some crazy lady was backing down a 1 way st to avoid having to stop for the schoolbus stop signs. she backed right into the side of the bus i was driving and scraped her way all of the way doen the side from the front tire to the back tire. then drove off. that was an interesting day.

May 2009 - loving life. school was almost out and time for a summer off with my Ben. went in halves on the cost of a memorial day cookout at Barbs house. Semester #2 ends with 2 A's and a B. Woohoo!

June 2009 - off of work as of the 8th. school is out. rummage sales! summer school routes start at the end of the month.

July 2009 - working summer school. wont do that again! i could have been making more on unemployment and not had to pay daycare!!! screwed myself. fourth of july was alright. i dont think we went to the fireworks or anything... this month is blurry, mustve been in a depression. gotta love the bipolar.

August 2009 - got a couple of guinea pigs. school starts! back to work and back to college. Ben is gonna be 2 soon... wow!

September 2009 - Ben is 2. school is fun and going well. my house is always a wreck.

October 2009 - my favorite time of the year. lots of fun things to do, especially with the Ryan cousins. apple and pork fest, boo at the zoo, trunk or treats, halloween night, and i'm sure there was more.... house is still a wreck.

November 2009 - finishing up my 3rd semester of school. Bens daycare had their annual grandparents Thanksgiving dinner program. house is getting better just in time for the holidays. ready for Christmas break!

December 2009 - a lot of blessings this month. went to Seans christmas program at St Pauls. spent a good day with my mom and Ben shopping at the mall together, another good day on Christmas Eve with my aunt Nancie and Ben just hanging out at my house all day while I baked for Christmas. Ben and I went driving around every day after I picked him up from daycare to look at Christmas lights together and listened to WBGLs Christmas music. That was a great new holiday tradtion! I lost my mailbox key and knew that my child support was probably in the mailbox so when I saw my mail lady I gave her her Christmas money ($5, but hey, she loved it!!!) she said my mailbox was full and that she had a gift for me but didnt know if she should leave it at my door or not. She went back to my apt (love this mail lady!) and opened the mailbox for me and gave me the gift. The gift was awesome, stuff for Ben and myself! a card with money and signed 'A Friend' . WOW THANK YOU!!! I thought it was strange that I had so many Christmas cards this year... The ones I usually get I had already gotten. So I opened them one at a time and they were all either unsigned or they were signed 'secret angel', 'a friend' or something close to those.... and they all had money... ranging from 4 dollars and up ... way up! I was so excited, blessed, grateful, in shock.. I was wow-ed. and it wasnt even about the money. (which was really great) but about the fact that these strangers cared. everyone works hard for their time and their money and these anonymous friends gave me time from their busy life and even hard earned cash from their pockets. Now rent will be paid on time AND I was able to get Ben a few extras that I wanted to get him but couldnt before. I am keeping the cards I recieved this year and every year starting next year I am going to send one card out to pay it forward. I want someone else to feel this way, too!








January 2010 - UNKNOWN but I am sure it will be great with friends, family and God by my side.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That picture of Ben is soooo adorable! :)